Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz
Oh the good life...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blog Post 1: Introducing myself, as well as my readers, to the world of social media

AH! Me, blogging? I never thought I would see the day. Not to say that I'm not super excited to be blogging, because it has been something that I have really been wanting to do, but I will not lie I am INTIMIDATED. So, what is it about social media? What is it about it that has completely TAKEN OVER LIVES. I really can't even tell you how many of my fellow Chico State students, are constantly on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter ect. I also find myself in this situation of a "social media threshold," always being online of some sort.
       My blog will be about me, exploring the world of this ongoing infatuation with the social media. I want to explore what it is about it that makes people, as well as myself, tic. Is it the fact that it's the perfect way to procrastinate, or the fact that it is the PERFECT way to secretly creep on whoever is on your mind? As well as ALL the things in-between. I have seen social media, such as Facebook (or Myspace back in the day) ruin relationships, and friendships. I have seen some of my friends get almost depressed by being on Facebook too long. It can truly be a way to crush yourself esteem, by looking at someone you admire or an ex can make you almost, obsessive.
      Is it truly the new way of communicating? Dating? Well that's why I am here. To find out. So i hope you enjoy, as much as I will, trying to learn more about this social media thing, because I have a feeling it will be here a very long time.

Cute picture of the day? Why not. It fits the topic for the day







1 comment:

  1. Hi Mallory. I already love the tone you're setting in your blog. It's personal but reflective and thoughtful. I look forward to hearing about your experiences exploring social media. - Jon

    ReplyDelete